The following terms and conditions are part and parcel of any booking confirmation issued by Ardgay Bespoke Tours. Any references to “We”, “our”, “us” or ABT refer to Ardgay Bespoke Tours.
1. Itinerary. An itinerary can only be issued on receipt of a non-refundable deposit £-stg. (pounds sterling).
2. Language. The website text is available in English and in German. In case of variances resulting from translation, the original English text shall be valid.
3. Reservation. An itinerary is created once a booking form and non-refundable deposit are received. Your reservation is made once your booking confirmation and full payment are received by us. We regret that provisional bookings are not acceptable..
4. Pricing. The total stated in the final booking confirmation issued by us and agreed by our client by email in respect of the tour is final.
5. Cancellation. Once we have received your official booking and payment in full, a refund is available only in the amount of 50% of the total fee, not including the non-refundable deposit
6. Changes or cancellation by us. We reserve the right to make changes and/or correct errors in tour details and arrangements at any time, both before and after bookings have been confirmed. We must also reserve the right to cancel confirmed bookings. In the unlikely event that we have to cancel the tour, you will be offered a full refund or an alternative date. Compensation fees do not apply.
7. Transfer of bookings. The transfer of a booking to a third party is permitted only up to four weeks prior to the tour. You must inform us as soon as possible and confirm this transfer by a signed and dated letter (and by email) containing the contact details of the person/s you are transferring the booking to. It will then be up to you to obtain the relevant payment from the third party which is taking your place.
8. Luggage. Please note that clients are responsible for carrying their own luggage. In case our clients wish to bring more than one piece of luggage per person, we would require details at the point of booking (see Booking Form).
9. Insurance. Guests are recommended to take out personal insurance against cancellation charges and other loss or injury. Please note that we accept no responsibility or liability for death, ‘bodily illness’ or injury by or to any of your party unless caused by the negligent act or omission of our employees, agents or subcontractors. Any claims shall be governed by the laws of Scotland. We cannot accept liability for any loss or injury resulting from any act or omission by persons over whom we have no control. Neither can we be held liable for any loss or consequential loss in terms of flight or accommodation bookings.
10. Disabilities and medical conditions. If you or any member of your party have any medical problem or disability which may affect your chosen holiday arrangements, you must give us full details in writing at the time of booking (see Booking Form). If we reasonably feel unable to properly accommodate the particular needs of the person(s) concerned, we will not confirm the booking or, if full details are not given at the time of booking, cancel without refund when we become aware of these details.
11. Behaviour. The Ardgay Bespoke Tour Guide has full authority while on tour, and all participants must accept this authority. We reserve the right to dismiss persons unwilling or unable to conduct themselves in a manner compatible with the satisfactory operation of the tour and any such participants will be liable to reimburse us for any expenses whatsoever we incur as a result of such behaviour.
12. Complaints. In the unlikely event that you have a complaint, please inform the guide immediately. If the complaint cannot be resolved then and there, please write to Ardgay Bespoke Tours within 10 days of the tour giving full details of your complaint.
13. Curtailment. If you cut short your tour and return home early in circumstances where you have no reasonable cause for complaint, we will not offer you any refund for that part of the tour.
14. Data Protection. For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 we are a data controller. In order to process your booking and to ensure that your travel arrangements run smoothly and meet your requirements, we need to collect certain personal details from you. Names and addresses of our clients are added to a mailing list and held on computer. Names are automatically deleted after 3 years if no further booking is made. No information stored in this way will ever be passed to a third party. If however you do not wish your name and address being stored, please inform us and we shall remove your details
15. The contract. The contract of which these Terms and Conditions form part shall be governed by the laws of Scotland and the parties shall submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish Courts..
We also have to state that the above terms and conditions apply to every contract between us and our client and shall be deemed to have been incorporated into any proposal unless specifically amended by us in writing.
Terms and Conditions dated 29th January 2018.